The Slip Dress
The slip dress is a trend that I am totally obsessed with. NYC summers get pretty hot, so wearing a lightweight, beautiful slip dress is the perfect way to keep cool without compromising your style. I also love this style and trend because it goes with the “wear your sexy lingerie outside” trend. However, this is a little more subtle and classic. Styling a slip dress can be very easy. Just like everything else, it comes in different lengths, fabrics, colors and textures. It’s all about balancing the delicate fabric of the garment with other textures and/or patterns. In this look I went to a personal street style look. This TOPSHOP black slip dress is made out of a light fabric, so keeping that in mind I wanted to accessorize lightly and bring some other textures and color into the look. I paired this look with a pair of Jeffrey Campbell Vacay flatforms, a bright patterned Loeffler Randall lock clutch (also a trend for the summer), a pair of black Celine Thin Mary sunnies, and delicate jewelry from EFFY and ASOS. To complete the look I wanted to bring more color in by adding a bright orange lip.
Shop the look:
1. TOPSHOP Petite Strap Black Slip Dress, $68, TOPSHOP.com
2. Jeffrey Campbell Vacay Flatform, $155, Nastygal.com
3. Loeffler Randall Lock Clutch, $295, couture.zappos.com
4. Celine Thin Mary Sunglasses, $444, lindelepalais.com
5. Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick, $27, lordandtaylor.com
6. ASOS Pack of 3 Arrow Midi Rings, $9.53, ASOS.com
7. EFFY Bouquet 14Kt. White Gold & Diamond Stud Earrings, $600, lordandtaylor.com
All White & Wide-Legged Trousers
Shop the look:
1. Rag & Bone Daytona Cropped Leather Halterneck Top, $450, net-a-porter.com
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Wide Legged Cuffed Pant, $395,beckleyboutique.com
3. Tom Ford Angelina Squared Cat-Eye Sunglasses, $380, neimanmarcus.com
4. Carven Dual Tote, $485, monnierfreres.co.uk
5. Michael Kors Collection Doris, $395, couture.zappos.com
Bold Prints
Shop the look:
1. Monki Luana Singlet, $34, monki.com
2. Alice+Olivia Floral Print Shorts, $342, farfetch.com
3. Nars Lipstick, $26, lordandtaylor.com
4. Nars Nail Polish Jungle Red, $25, johnlewis.com
5. Dr. Martens Bag, $230, gravitypope.com
6. Common Projects T-Strap Sandal Shoes, $430, gravitypope.com
I hope these looks have inspired you to go out and embrace these summer trends! To show me your looks, use the hashtag #fashionroyaltyblog on Instagram and Twitter!
Until next time,
Ashley, xo.
What summer trends are you excited to try? Comment below!



No comments:
Post a Comment