Wednesday, May 14, 2014

MY Preference Between Aussie Moist & Hello Hydration Conditioners


















In all honesty, this was not a PJ moment; I was in desperate need to find a new detangling conditioner.  I had been using the Tresemme Naturals conditioner, but I noticed that it was no longer working for me.  My detangling sessions took longer than usual and my hair felt dry after using it.  I honestly think my hair had gotten used to it.

I had to think quickly and I knew that I had some Aussie Moist left over from my college trial, so I finished the bottle rather quickly.  I actually liked it better than I did during my college trial period.  However, I couldn't stop there.  I had also heard some good things about the Hello Hydration conditioner by Herbal Essences so I had to try it.  I mean, I had $3 left on a Target gift card that I needed to use anyway.  So I picked up the Hello Hydration.

After using both products, I knew that I'd go back to using the Aussie Moist.  I'll share my reasoning below, but let's get some details about the conditioners before we begin!

Aussie Moist ($3.99- 8.29)
Product Description: "With splashes of natural aloe to replenish natural moisture for healthy locks worth gushing about (http://www.drugstore.com)".

  • Up to 100 washes (29.2 ounce bottle*)
  • Conditions to quench dry, thirsty hair
  • Biodegradable surfactants
  • Contains natural Australian ingredients

Ingredients: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration ($3.99- 8.99)
Product Description: "The coconut might be one of the hardest working fruits out there known for its moisturizing properties and dreamy tropical scent.  Revel in our creamy coconut fragrance as you fantasize about your next exotic get-away while indulging in thirst-quenching hydration from root to tip that will leave your hair soft and sweetly-scented" (drugstore.com).

  • Softer in 1 wash
  • Intriguing ingredients
  • Incredible fragrances
  • Irresistibly touchable
  • Potent pleasure for all your senses

Ingredients: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1

I've highlighted the ingredients that are similar in the formulas, but we can see that they are both still very different.  However, most of the highlighted ingredients aid in slip and condition the hair's cuticle.  *Please refer to my previous post about the roles and importances of the ingredients in your conditioners-- detangling and/or deep conditioning!

My Preference: Although they have similar ingredients, I prefer to use Aussie Moist over Hello Hydration.  I'm not bashing HH and saying that it is a terrible conditioner, but I found that I had a better experience using the AM.  Both products smell great, but Aussie Moist smells heavenly.  Aussie Moist reminds me of the tropics because it has a coconut like scent, splashed with Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen, but I can't put my finger on it exactly.  For lack of better words, it smells like a mix of relaxation and something to eat!

Aside from the delicious scent, I noticed that I have an easier time detangling and my hair feels super moisturized after.  Yes, it is my detangling conditioner, but I want to feel that my hair is soft and moisturized after just in case I decide to skip a deep conditioning treatment.  I feel that 1-3 pumps (as I will ONLY purchase the big bottle) is sufficient enough for me to detangle one section of hair at a time.  I add the conditioner to my hair then let the shower stream hit it for 3 seconds to distribute the conditioner.  Then, I can finger detangle with no trouble at all!  Unfortunately, that was not my experience with the HH conditioner.  I found that I had to use more conditioner for one section just to make sure I had the necessary slip to detangle successfully.

I also like that my hair feels moisturized after using the Aussie Moist.  I usually detangle then add a little more conditioner to my hair and let the steam help add some moisture to my curls.  I then shower and rinse with cold water to close the cuticle and add shine.  I've also used the Aussie Moist as a leave-in and my curls were still moisturized, which is always a plus.

I will finish out the current bottle of HH that I have because it's at the very end, but I will not repurchase it for quite some time.  If my PJ senses tingle, which I'm quite sure they will, then I may purchase the HH to try it again.  However, I will continue to use the Aussie Moist conditioner to detangle! :)

Please remember that these are my views and experiences with these conditioners.  My friend Niaya, who is currently transitioning, uses the HH and loves it!  Choosing any product is all about preference and experience. ;)

Until next time,
Ashley, xo.

Do you have a preference between the Aussie Moist or Hello Hydration Conditioners?  Share your thoughts below!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley, it's funny that you wrote about this! I wrote a similar post earlier... While I haven't tried that particular HH, I am completely head over heels with Aussie moist. It works wonders especially if left in overnight and the smell is something to die for! If you have the time, check out my post,
    http://nakedth0ughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/what-i-found-wednesday-spring-essentials.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natalie

      I actually responded on your post so I hope you see it! However, I'm going to give the 3-minute Miracle a try, too.

      Xo

      Delete
  2. Great post! I used Aussie Moist for a while and at first my hair LOVED it. It felt moisturized and soft. After using it for some time though, my hair started to seem drier after I finished washing. I guess my hair got used to it :/

    I love the Hello Hydration though! I bought the big bottle from BJs and I use it to co-wash & also to wash my extensions. It's interesting how products respond differently for everyone. Thanks for posting your thoughts!

    www.tressesandtreats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Victoria!

      Thank you. It is crazy how products respond differently for everyone! I was using Tresemme Naturals for the longest, but my hair felt dry after washing. I used the Aussie Moist because I had some left over & loved it more than the 1st time I used it.

      Thank you SO much for stopping by!

      Xo

      Delete