Monday, November 11, 2013

Spotlight Monday: Mommy Robin

So Mommy Robin is one of my many moms-- she's Reecie's mom to be exact (see previous Spotlight Monday post http://curlsfothegirls.blogspot.com/2013/10/spotlight-monday-reecie.html).  Mommy Robin is a woman of many styles, and her latest is her locs.  So let's meet Mommy Robin, shall we..


How long have you been loc'ing your hair?
I started my loc journey in 2008.  In 2011, I cut my locs but, I missed them so much; I started loc'ing again in 2012.

Why did you make the decision to do so?
> I was looking for a natural way to wear my hair.  I have tried braids, curls, perms and none seemed to be right for me.

How did you feel after beginning your journey?
> I was hesitant at the start; my hair took nearly a year to start loc'ing.  I almost gave up!  Then, there was getting past the baby stage.  However, having patience paid off.  I am confident and very happy now!

What are your hair goals?
> My current goal is to regrow my locs and to maintain strong, healthy hair.
Do you try different/creative styles?  If so, what are your favorites?
> Yes, I'm always looking for new ways so style my locs!  I'm also always on the lookout for a place to get my locs styled.  I like different updos, and have tried twists and buns.  I also enjoy just letting them flow.

How do you feel about your hair today?
> I am so very happy with my locs!  It is the most rewarding decision I have made about my hair.  No more bad hair days.  I love my locs.

*Side note: If anyone in the NYC area knows where Mommy Robin can get her locs styled, please let us know!

Until next time,
Ashley, xo.

Do you have any questions for Mommy Robin about her locs?  Let us know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment