Sunday, September 29, 2013

My name is Ashley, and I am a recovering Product Junkie.

Hiii Ashley!

I swear I hear this in my head every time I visit a Target, CVS, whatever!  It's like I can't go in any of these stores without taking a stroll down the hair care section.  However, I am managing to recover from my PJ ways, and I have found products that I absolutely love!  Those marked by *asterisks* are my MUST haves.  They include:

  • Conditioner/Detangler: TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner*, Suave Naturals Conditioner*
  • Deep Treatments: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask*, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment*, ORS Hair Mayonnaise*
  • Leave ins: TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner*, Kinky-Curly Knot Today*, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream*, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, Infusium 23*, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
  • Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie*, Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle, Curly Kinks Twist Whip*
  • Oils: Sweet Almond, Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO)***, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)*, Organic/Extra Virgin Coconut Oil* 
  • Gels: Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel*, Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls Gel
  • Refreshers: Infusium 23 (mixed with water)*, Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
Unfortunately, I do have all of these products (merp), however, I do NOT use all of my leave ins, stylers, and oils at the same time.  I use different combinations for certain styles, etc.  I will say that I am on the hunt for a really good shampoo.  Cowashing (conditioner washing) does not always work for me, especially if I have used Eco Styler Gel for the last 3 days before wash day!  I would like to be able to cowash, BUT I feel that cowashing only works if I have little to NO product buildup.  So suggestions for really good shampoos are appreciated :)

Until next time.

Xo, Ashley. 

Are you currently a PJ, or recovering?  What is your must have product?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley! Your blog is super cute! And I must say I am a Brazilian hair treatment Junkie lol. It is such a strong eye burning and throat burning process, but I can't help the way it leaves my hair frizz free. Growing up I was never a girl who knew how to manage my hair. I hated when anyone tried to do something with my frizz ball. I think I want to try something different so that I won't have to continue using the Keratin treatment.I do not even know how to describe the type of hair I have, its not curly but its not straight, it's dry and frizzy. This blog will definitely help many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Arlyn! thank you :) oh no, i understand your dilemma, BUT there are different ways to combat frizz without having to go through a "eye & throat burning" process lol. you can always ask for help! ;) i'd be glad to help in any way i can. but thank you so much-- i hope it will!

      -xo, ashley

      Delete